Aquafadas is one of the most powerful program for digital publishing. Among the new features of the plugin, it’s possible now for the reader to take a snapshot of each page, and especially for social-sharing directly with Facebook and Twitter.
It is finally the possibility to share the content of a digital publishing !
How does it work?
First, be sure to have the 3.5.5 version of the plugin. Next, in the Project Manager panel, chose the Project Settings :
Select AVE, and Menu Bar settings. It is a little known function yet to totally customize the publishing menu bar, and especially to add different great features. Very few tools allow such flexibility,
such customization at the limit of the SDK.
Here, what interests us, is the new Clipping feature :
I set the name of the function for the menu bar, for example “Snapshot & Share”.
Here is the result :
The reader can freely crop the area of page to capture, and then :
either send the image captured in the photos of the device
or send the image by e-mail
or share directly via FaceBook or Twitter.
Indeed this is just an image of the page, a screenshot, but it allows to share the content directly.
I go back in the menu bar settings panel: it’s not new but little-known : we can add remarkable and very useful functions :
– Search: a real search function, extremely useful in the case of a catalog for example.
– Bookmark: you can create as many bookmarks you want and find them then.
– Notes: the user can take notes on any page and find them at any time.
– We can also add separators spaces between the different menus.
– We can organise the order of functions by sliding them.
– Finally rename functions more meaningful than the default…, choose the colors, or may prefer an
icon instead of the text.
– We can set that the menu bar is always visible, transparent or not, in the color and thickness as desired.
It is very important to be able to set the menu bar of a publication. This allows to customize, allows to manage the ergonomics for the reader, and allows us today to capture and social-sharing the content.