New in calibre 2.8
- Linux: Add support for the global menubar in Ubuntu Unity (The menu that is displayed in the top most on screen bar). It now works both with the main calibre program and the e-book editor. You can customize what appears in the menubar via Preferences->Toolbars
- Get Books: Add a new store, Bubok (bubok.es)
- Driver for Tolino Vision 2.
- Review downloaded metadata: Allow merging downloaded and current identifiers by long-clicking the revert button.
- Template language: New function user_categories() to return the list of User Categories for a given book (only works in the GUI).
- E-book viewer: Add an option to prevent tapping on the page from turning pages.
New in calibre 2.4
An all new random cover generation algorithm, which generates covers using many different color schemes and cover styles
Now when you click the Generate cover button in the Edit Metadata dialog a cover based on the book metadata is generated using random colors and styles. You can customize the random cover generation by long clicking the Generate Cover button, which will popup a dialog where you can create new color schemes and customize other aspects of the generated cover as well.
New in calibre 2.0
It has been a year since calibre 1.0 and lots has changed in calibre-land. The biggest new feature is an e-book editor, capable of editing ebooks in both the EPUB and AZW3 (Kindle) formats. Note that because of the move to Qt 5, calibre no longer supports either Windows XP or versions of OS X older than 10.7 (Lion). If you are using either of these operating systems, you should stay with calibre 1.48 The e-book editor Comparing books Support for Android phones and tablets on OS X Now uses Qt 5 Support for touchscreen windows tablets Improvements to library organisation
- Add support for MTP devices (Android phones/tablets) on OS X
- Update the version of Qt used by calibre to Qt 5. This fixes various longstanding bugs in calibre that were caused by bugs in Qt4
- Edit Book: Make the edit saved search/add saved search popup window non-modal
- Tag Browser: Show format specific icons for the format entries in the Tag Browser
- Library check: Add buttons to conveniently mark all fixable/deletable items