Comme déjà annoncé il y a quelques mois par Apple, le réseau publicitaire iAD WorkBench fermera ses portes le 30 juin
About the iAd App Network Shutdown
Starting July 1, 2016, iAd will no longer be available for developers to earn revenue by running ads sold by iAd or promote their apps on the iAd App Network.
All revenue generated by advertising in participating apps will be paid out by September 30, 2016. No minimum revenue requirement will apply. Revenue and campaign performance reports will be available on iAd Workbench until December 31, 2016.
Promoting Your App
If you’re interested in promoting your apps, you can still advertise with third party networks and advertising sellers, or on Apple News.
Updating Your App
Apps that have implemented the deprecated iAd.Framework classes should not crash solely because of the deprecation. On your next regular app update or submission, you should remove the iAd framework and connection.
The following Classes and their APIs in the iAd SDK are being deprecated:
- UIViewController (iAdAdditions)
- AVPlayerViewController (iAdPreroll)
- MPMoviePlayerController (iAdPreroll)
Apps that are not updated will experience the following adverse conditions:
- No ads will be returned in your app.
- A deprecation warning will appear in Xcode.
- If your app implements ADBannerView and the ADBannerViewDelegate, the bannerView:didFailToReceiveAdWithError: delegate method, it will be called with the ADError enum.
- If your app implements ADInterstitialAd and the ADInterstitialAdDelegate, the interstitialAd:didFailWithError: delegate method will be called with an ADError enum.
- If your app implements the iAdAdditions category on UIViewController, setting the ADInterstitialPresentationPolicy will have no effect and calling requestInterstitialAdPresentation: or canDisplayBannerAds: will always return NO.
- If your app implements the iAdPreroll category on AVPlayerViewController or the iAdPreroll category on MPMoviePlayerController, calling playPrerollAdWithCompletionHandler: will return an ADError enum.
- When your ADBannerView delegate receives this error, your app should look for other ads (from other ad-networks).
- Apps that implement the iAdAdditions category on UIViewController and use automatic presentation, should not notice any impact. Apps that manually manage the ADBannerView may see a blank space.
- If you have implemented a mediation layer, contact the mediation provider to understand impact to your app.
- ADClient APIs (requestAttributionDetailsWithBlock and addClientToSegments) will continue to work.