Origami Engine is used by all kinds of creatives, in prototyping, for prototyping, for making installations and maybe most popularly – in education by students from all over the world.
« The Graphic Design students are fascinated by Origami Engine and what the software allows them to design and then make. It gives them the creative freedom to achieve what they want without having to get involved in a single line of code. The variety of options and opportunities seems endless ».
Paul Shakespeare, Southampton Solent University.
A PRO license for students/teachers is only $25 per month. A site license of Origami Engine is only $2000 per semester (6 months) for up to 60 students.
To qualify for a student discount, you must be enrolled in one of the following:
- University or college — accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study*
- Primary or secondary school — accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction*
- Homeschool — defined by state homeschooling regulations
Proof of eligibility
- Your proof of eligibility must be a document issued by the institution with your name, institution name, and current date.**
- Types of proof of enrollment include: School ID card, Report card, Transcript, Tuition bill or statement
- For homeschooled students:
- Dated copy of a letter of intent to homeschool**
- Current membership ID to a homeschool association (for example, the Home School Legal Defense Association)**
- Dated proof of purchase of curriculum for the current academic school year**
*Accredited schools are those that are approved by an association recognized by governing bodies like the U.S. Department of Education/State Board of Education or the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology and that teach students as their primary focus. In the U.S., such associations include: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. In Japan such associations include: Waseda University, Hokkaido University, Kanazawa University, Tokyo Gakugei University senior high school, Kyoto Gaidai Nishi High School and Tokyo Metropolitan Technical College.
**Documents dated within the last six months are considered current.